December 3, 2010 Minutes
MEETING OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS
HEALTH AND SAFETY COMMITTEE, HELD ON DECEMBER 3, 2010
Minutes respectfully submitted by Lillian Lança, Recording Secretary
ATTENDANCE: D.-S. Moon, H. Zhao, G. Patel, M. Williams, L. Lança, A. Choi
1. Approval of Agenda: Approved.
2. Welcome and Introduction of M. Williams, New Member of DAA HSC: H. Zhao.
3. Approval of Minutes of Meeting December 8, 2009: L. Lança apologized for unavailability of Minutes of December 8, 2009 HSC.
4. New Joint Health and Safety Committee (South) (M. Williams): As the Faculty of Arts and Science Joint Health and Safety Committee has become too big, the Committee has been divided into two committee: South (south of Harbord) and North, with the umbrella committee not replacing the DAA meetings. The Faculty of Arts and Science does have an inspector that will inspect offices and common areas at no charge but not the technical areas. This is still a work in progress.
5. Inspection Progress Report (L. Lança, G. Patel): Ability to download Inspection Report to submit to M. Williams to check. L. Lança and G. Patel to set up inspection schedule.
a) Basement Crane Inspection due for January (D.-S. Moon): Inspection to be arranged in January. Regarding High Bay, B. Netterfield to be contacted.
6. First Aid Kits (L. Lança): Domes and Planetarium need first aid kits depending on size. Also kits in: Mailroom; Rooms AB 73 and AB 52; Library; and 7 kits in High Bay.
7. Other Business:
a) Report of DI: A. Choi is also DI representative until more staff hired.
b) Accident Report Recorded: e.g., St. George door not closing properly; broken first floor interior door; AstroLounge broken into
c) Winter Concerns: Heating – please call 8-3000 since there will be no charge.
d) AstroLounge Kitchen : Hygiene in AstroLounge of concern. Originally GASA arranged to clean AstroLounge every Friday. GASA President M. Rahman to be contacted.
8. Next Meeting: As necessary. Next possible meeting to be held in May, 2011.
9. Meeting adjourned at 4:25 p.m.