Job Opportunity: Summer Undergraduate Research Program13 Jan 2015
Application deadline: 30 January, 2015
Reference letter deadline: 30 January, 2015
Official offer date: February 6, 2015
Over the 16-week program, students will:
- Experience what a career in research is like by independently conducting a project related to on-going astronomical research at U of T
- Collaborate with U of T astronomers
- Improve their research writing and communication skills
- Learn about research being conducted at U of T
- Have an opportunity to participate in U of T public outreach activities
Students will work with astronomers from the Dunlap Institute, the Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics (DAA), or the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA), depending on their research project or interest.
SURP offers students an opportunity to work at the leading centre for astronomical research in Canada. The astronomy group at the U of T is a unique alliance of three units with complementary expertise in observational research, astronomical instrumentation (Dunlap), and theoretical astrophysics (CITA).
More information can be found on the Dunlap Institute SURP page.