DDO administratin building David Dunlap Observatory (DDO)
 

DEPARTMENT OF ASTRONOMY and ASTROPHYSICS

UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO

Archive Links

DDO Doings
Public
Research

The David Dunlap Observatory opened in 1935, a gift to the University of Toronto by Jessie Donalda Dunlap as a memorial to her husband David Alexander Dunlap. Since its inception, the Observatory has been a research centre of the Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics and has also carried out public education and teaching programmes. As a renewal of the memorial, the University of Toronto has established the Dunlap Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics in the Faculty of Arts and Science on the St. George Campus, endowed by the sale of DDO in 2008. Creation of the Dunlap Institute presents a exciting opportunity to ensure that in the 21st century the Dunlap name continues to be associated internationally with excellence in astronomy and astrophysics.

Tours at DDO

DDO is now part of the Observatory Hill site owned by Metrus. Public viewing nights are now operated by arrangement with the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Toronto Centre.

Links to public lectures and tours at the University of Toronto, in the GTA, and beyond may be found here.