Christine Clement's Papers Based on Data from the MACHO Collaboration
- Clement, C. M., Xu, X. and Muzzin, A.V. 2008, The Distance
of the First Overtone RR Lyrae Variables in the MACHO LMC Database: A
New Method to Correct for the Effects of Crowding Astronomical
Journal, 135, 83-91
- Alcock & the MACHO collaboration (paper written by C. Clement,
A. Muzzin & D. Alves) 2004,
The MACHO Project Large Magellanic Cloud Variable Star Inventory. XIII.
Fourier Parameters for the First Overtone RR Lyrae Stars and the LMC Distance
Astronomical Journal, 127, 334-354
- Alcock & the MACHO collaboration (paper written by G. Kovacs) 2000,
The MACHO Project LMC Variable Star Inventory. IX. Frequency Analysis of the
First Overtone RR Lyrae Stars and the Indication for Nonradial Pulsations,
Astrophysical Journal, 542, 257-280
I was a coauthor. In this paper, we introduced
a new system for RR Lyrae nomenclature that indicates pulsation mode.
- RR0 refers to a star pulsating in the fundamental mode.
- RR1 refers to the first overtone.
- RR01 refers to a stars that pulsates simultaneously in the fundamental
and first overtone.
Return to Christine Clement's research page.
Return to Christine Clement's home page.