SURP 2020 – APPLY NOW
Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics
We are now accepting applications for the 2020 University of Toronto Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in astronomy & astrophysics.
Please apply HERE.
The application deadline is January 22, 2020.
The annual Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in astronomy & astrophysics at the University of Toronto is a unique opportunity for undergraduate students in astronomy, physics or engineering to prepare for a career in scientific research.
The program typically runs from May to August. Throughout the program students have the opportunity to:
- Experience what a career in research is like by independently conducting a project related to on-going astronomical research at U of T
- Collaborate with U of T astronomers
- Improve their research writing and communication skills
- Learn about research being conducted at U of T
- Participate in U of T public outreach activities
Students work with astronomers from the Dunlap Institute, the David A Dunlap Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics (DADDAA), or the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA), depending on their research interest, choice of research project, or supervisor.
SURP offers students an opportunity to work at the leading centre for astronomical research in Canada, at the leading research university in the country. The astronomy group at the U of T is a unique alliance of three units with complementary expertise in observational research, astronomical instrumentation (Dunlap), and theoretical astrophysics (CITA).
SURP is open to students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents. If you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and would like to apply, you must:
- be a full-time student at the University of Toronto;
- or, be a full-time student in a Canadian university and have an off-campus work permit;
- or, have a work permit allowing you to work with the University of Toronto
You can apply if you have participated in the U of T astronomy & astrophysics SURP in previous years.
If you have any further questions, email the SURP committee.